Statement of Faith
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
The central purpose of Abundant Life Academy is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and restore families through His grace, introducing the teenagers and families that come to us to Jesus Christ, and helping them grow in their faith. To this end, we affirm the following statements of our faith:
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, being given by divine inspiration, are the Word of God, the final and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- In the Scriptures, God reveals Himself as the living and true God, Creator of all things. Perfect in love and righteous in all His ways, this one God exists eternally as a Trinity: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God made man and woman in His image that He might have fellowship with us. Being estranged from God by our disobedience, we are, as sinful people, incapable of a right relationship to God apart from divine grace.
- The only Mediator between God and all human beings is Jesus Christ, God’s eternal Son, who as man fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience.
- By His death in our place, Jesus demonstrated divine love and upheld divine justice, restoring and reconciling us to God. Having risen bodily from the dead and having ascended into heaven, He rules as Lord over all and intercedes for us as our great High Priest.
- The Holy Spirit, through the proclamation of the Gospel, renews our hearts, helping us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. By the same Spirit, we are led to accomplish good works and experience the Gospel of grace at work in our lives to the glory of our Father who is in heaven.
- God, by His Word and Spirit, calls us as sinful people into restoration with the body of Christ, that is, the church. Thus He creates the one holy church, united by grace, to teach the Gospel and to carry on the ministry of restoration through grace.
- God’s restoration purpose will be fulfilled in the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all people and establish His glorious kingdom. Those who are apart from Christ shall be eternally separated from God’s presence, but the redeemed shall live and reign with Him forever.